Saturday, October 27, 2012

Autumn Leaves!

October is progressing. Autumn is here, winter is coming. I'm somewhat startled to see how few photos I've taken lately, but also thinking about it October has been pretty mad with my work, and Bob has been commuting to Brighton, so we've been a bit stuffed. Here. Have some random photos.


Coming into the light, out of the DLR tunnel under the Thames. I'm sitting in the front seat of the train, because there's no driver. That's right folks! No DRIVER! Robot TRAINS!




Waterloo station, half of Southern England comes through here each day.














And a close up of that poster in the middle. I'm impressed that the ENO chose www.eno.org/dong as the URL as well...










Riley, The office dog.




We are going to Swordfish in Sweden next week. We both got some Axel Petterson jackets, but Bob's went weird - the zip was defective, so we took some photos to let the guys in Poland know. The zip has been fixed, and the jackets are awesome. Yes, I will take photos in Sweden.













Mmm. Cold cider at the local.

















I don't know what was in the bottle, but the contents were even more sybaritic and delicious than the label. It was sort of an apple brandy, almost a calvados, from Normandy, but with floral flavours and a faint taste of cinnamon. And staggeringly alcholic.

I went to an industry dinner at the Grand Connaught Rooms, all black tie and fancy, then went back out into the cold to walk back to the office to change out of my (rented) dinner suit. Suffice to say that I was wondering if I'd manage to get lost between Covent Garden and Haymarket after a couple of cautious glasses of this.







The Grand Connaught Rooms being grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment